Grass Roots Rx has become well-known in Albuquerque and the surrounding areas for our friendly, community-like environment, caring staff, and exceptional quality of medicinal cannabis products. We are the only organic grower in NM and continue to expand, innovate and advocate accessibility of the finest strains of all-natural medicine.
Medical Marijuana in Albuquerque, NM
Our four locations are open seven days a week and include delivery throughout Albuquerque, Gallup, and Grants, NM. We are devoted to providing alternative therapeutic opportunities and welcome your inquiries. A team of highly educated budtenders is here to answer questions, help you navigate, and ease your concerns. We believe information is the key to eliminating stigma, achieving progress, and ensuring a positive experience for our customers.
Order your medical cannabis today!
With a wide variety of delivery methods, terminology and misinformation, taking the first step toward better health can be a bit intimidating. Grass Roots Rx is here to support and facilitate the journey. We customize the path and look forward to sharing the holistic powers of cannabis. Our personalized approach to the needs of each customer builds trust and provides the most advantageous, safe, and satisfying solutions. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 505-652-1441 or visit in person.
Here are some common terms explained:
- Cannabinoids are naturally occurring compounds in the cannabis plant that interact with specific cannabinoid receptors found in different parts of the central nervous system. The two most well known are THC and CBD.
- The Endocannabinoid System or ECS is comprised of cannabinoid receptors in the body and plays an important role in regulates functions such as:
- Body temperature
- Immune function
- Motor control
- CB1 and CB2 are the two primary types of cannabinoid receptors in the body. CB1 receptors are found in the central nervous system, including the brain and nerves of the spinal cord. CB2 receptors cover the peripheral nervous system, digestive system and specific cells in the immune system.
- THC or tetrahydrocannabinol is responsible for the psychoactive effects of cannabis and is known for creating a euphoric experience.
- CBD or cannabidiol does not cause psychoactive effects and is gaining popularity for its anti-inflammatory and calming properties.
- Terpenes are found in all plants and fruits, with over 200 represented in the cannabis plant, and are responsible for aromas and flavors such as berry, citrus and diesel.
- Indica strains typically include lower THC levels, are considered a relaxing option and an ideal choice for alleviating stress and pain, reducing nausea, increasing appetite and assisting with better sleep.
- Sativa strains normally contain higher amounts of THC, are known for heightening brain activity and creativity, and are a good choice for treating social anxiety, depression, ADHD and mood disorders.
- Hybrid varieties blend the qualities of Indicas and Sativas, allowing a customized combination of energy and relaxation.